Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Never good bye but always see you later....

     As I stated in previous blog I live in Chicago and my brother lives in Florida. So every summer my brother sends his kids down to Chicago to spend time with my family. We fly back to spend time with my brother all while bringing the kids back home. It is never a big deal and I always enjoy myself but this time something is different: I have Mica. The whole reason I didn't bring Mica with me was not being able to enjoy my nephews and niece while trying to care for Mica. So a hard decision had to be made.

    Some people may say
"whats the big deal? leave her with a sitter, kennel something and go on vacation."

   Well its not that simple, I don't trust people with my baby and get very anxious. When I was planning this trip that is all I can think about. Who's going to stay with Mica? are they going to take care of her like i do and so on!
   
     It was driving me insane thinking of me being without her, I even cried thinking about it. I love this little girl with all my heart and this would be the first time I will be away from her for more than a couple days. I will be gone for three whole weeks and I decided to leave Mica with My brother and his wife.
   
     I trust them but was worried about if they would take care of her the way I do. (crazy I know but she is spoiled and I want it to stay that way.) I gave them a Mica 101 class along with her toys, bed, treats, food, clothes, bows and more. My brothers wife was shocked saying:

"Does a dog need this much stuff?"

 I snapped back saying

"this isn't a dog, this is my baby."

She laughed it off and understood where I was coming from.

    So fast forward to the day I left. It was so hard, for both of us I'm sure. She was sniffing around my luggage and even got in one and laid on my clothes. I was so close to closing it up and just taking her with me. lol  I would never lock her in a suitcase but it was a thought. Anyways I walked her upstairs to my brothers apartment and said the heart breaking see you later. I started bawling and I felt as if she was too, my brother took her from me and I walked away. I looked back and saw her staring at me. I wanted to go back to her but kew it would be too hard and I had to be strong for both of us.
   
    It is a couple of days into my vacation and I call and txt all day to check on my Mica.
   She is doing great but I can not say the same for me. I see dogs and I melt thinking of my moo moo back home.

    Its ok though I'm enjoying my vacation and Mica is being spoiled by her aunt and uncle. It's hard for a first time dog mom in so long to leave her precious little baby after her raising her from a puppy.  It's just for little while so I'll be ok once I see Mica again lol For those who think I'm crazy for being so sad without Mica, You never had a dog like her.    :)


MICAS BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY IS COMING UP SOON IN SEPTEMBER, SO BE ON THE LOOKOUT!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment