Monday, July 13, 2015

Get in my BELLY!

       One thing I know a lot of Dog parents struggle with is.....Feeding time!

      There is two types of Dogs in my opinion, the ones who live to eat and the ones who eat to live.
The differences are the Dogs who live to eat want all the food all the time! They will eat almost anything except their own food. :/
The ones who eat to live, eat their own food when given and doesn't give their owners a hard time eating: Of course Mica lives to eat.

       I have tried all types of brands and tricks to get her to eat her dry food but nothing. She has aways gave me a hard time but I always said it was because she was a puppy. Now at 9 months she was still giving me issues with eating. She never has a problem eating a piece of fruit or a morsel falling to the floor, but her food....NOPE!!!



       Several months of trial and error a friend of mine told me about the brand, Wellness.
          I researched it and loved all the testimonials, the ingredients and the overall quality of Wellness. I bought this complete health, small breed puppy food and she actually liked it, somewhat.
I noticed she was eating but it took her such a long time to eat such a little  amount of food. So I started talking to me vet and he said try adding some wet food. i then bought the Wellness Petite wet entrees. 
Hallelujah!!!

We had finally found our combo to get Mica to eat a whole bowl of food!
I put maybe half a cup of dry food and a quarter container of the petite entrees. (I put the rest of the wet food into a tupperware to save for the next day.) I mash the wet food into the dry food to fully coat the dry food in the gravy and I let it sit for approximately 10 minutes. When I put it down she devoured the whole thing, I was so happy!

           It has been a little over a month since I started feeding her this way and things are going phenomenal! I give her this once a day and it seems to keep her satisfied and at a good weight. 
(she gets treats and snack through out the day.)

Mica is thriving and growing into such a good little girl!

Stay tuned for recipes for all natural, healthy dog treats that your dog will lick their chops over!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment