Sunday, July 19, 2015

Her first vet visit and my first heart attack!

Mica had been to the low cost clinic (the link is in my first blog) but that was for her first shots and to be spayed. I made the Appointnent so I knew what we were both in for. Lol she went in and come out just fine, mind you this is 5 months ago. Now at 10 months I started to notice some things that worried me.

I had started to hear very loud gurgling from her stomach. I would be across the room and I would hear it, At first I thought maybe she was just hungry. But this was before I found her wining combo food wiseAll of a sudden my sweet little angel starts having epic episodes of gagging! I was in full panic! I did the worse thing you can do, I started googling her symptoms! Biggest mistake, I thought my baby had all types of things wrong with her and that she would die. It would wake us both out of our sleep and I would stay up And try to ease her discomfort. I would give her water, a little honey and even running her throat nothing was working. She would gag and gag but no throw up came out. lol so when I changed the food the gurgling pretty much stopped  and so that eased my worries for now. 

I was still worried because even though it had stopped I wanted to know for sure my baby was ok. I found a vet that offered free first exams. We went and it was such a clean and welcoming office, which was nice because I was dyeing in the inside just thinking anything could be wrong with Mica.

We went into the exam room and the nice Dr. Checked her out and then proceeded to explain about  her anal glands needing to be expelled. 
Ok first things first I have had dogs all my life and NEVER heard of a dogs anal glands needing to be expelled or whatever lol

Long story not so short anymore but Mica is healthy and doing great! He expelled her anal glands and gave her so much relief I didn't even know she needed. It goes to show you even when you think you know everything, you don't. Dogs need check ups they need special medical care that we will never know if you don't take them to the vet and just ask questions! 

Mica is my heart, I love her like my own child and would do anything for her! Making sure she is happy and healthy is my top priority! 

Stay tuned for tips, stories, adventures and a SPECIAL CONSTEST I WILL BE HAVING IN SEPTEMBER! 😊







4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate how scary not knowing what is wrong can be. Glad to hear that it was such an easy fix and that Mica is feeling well again. I am following your blog via Feedly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a relief but that goes to show you that being a dog owner my whole life i did not and still do not know everything about owning and raising a puppy into a healthy dog/ child lol

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy she's okay! She is beautiful! Welcome to blogging, I found you through blogpaws :-)
    www.meowlifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH! your website is so nice, what lovely pictures!

      Delete